Greenleaf Advisors is a consulting and transaction-services firm that helps to build sustainable enterprises and communities by bridging them to the resources and strategies they need to develop in a healthy way, with a focus on water, energy, land and materials.
We offer strategic, market, and due diligence advice, assist clients in raising capital and execute mergers and acquisitions. Greenleaf has conducted research in the water, energy, and materials sectors to identify and profile sub-sectors with attractive risk return profiles and growth opportunities. We’ve advised on regulatory drivers that stimulate demand for products, and the underlying science behind them – such as climate change and the capture and reuse of methane gas, a now proven investment thesis for one of our clients. Greenleaf Advisors and its partners can:
- Identify investment opportunities for capital placement (debt and equity)
- Research industry sectors to develop or evaluate investment theses;
- Identify appropriate capital sources and structure, negotiate and complete financings.
- Undertake due diligence and provide assistance with mergers, acquisitions, sales and divestitures
- Review business models and return profiles of companies;
- Prepare and execute an outreach plan, including identification of new platform companies and add-on acquisitions;
- Assess environmental regulations and market dynamics that may impact profitability;
- Inform supply chain and market research, and deal flow forecasts;
- Assess environmental footprint (greenhouse gases, waste, water, energy) of companies;
- Undertake industry benchmarking;
- Support an investment firm’s staff to undertake analyses related to sustainability.
- Enhance the operating performance and profitability of portfolio companies
- Evaluate new product/market and geographic expansion opportunities;
- Identify resource efficiency gains or input substitutes to reduce the use of energy, water and materials, and to minimize production of waste and maximize its reuse;
- Analyze options for green procurement and supply chain management to improve efficiencies;
- Advise on achieving environmental standards, and actions to obtain green certification;
- Maximize the reputational opportunities related to trends towards sustainability and environmental management;
- Propose responses to risks and potential disruptions to operations from environmental change.