Internship position posting for Greenleaf Advisors, LLC and Greenleaf Communities, NFP
March 7, 2016
The mission of Greenleaf Advisors is to support a healthy society by creating business strategies and nurturing partnerships that reduce adverse impacts on the environment. Greenleaf Advisors’ nonprofit affiliated entity, Greenleaf Communities, NFP investigates problems that affect human and environmental health through engaging multidisciplinary research teams to inform policies and practices. Interns have contributed at Greenleaf Advisors and Greenleaf Communities in a variety of capacities, utilizing their research, analytical, and communication skills to support our client services delivery and company development, while gaining professional experience.
See our internships page to learn more about how interns are advancing Greenleaf’s mission and for examples of current and past intern work. Greenleaf Advisors and Greenleaf Communities are seeking to fill an internship position for a communications, marketing, and business development support role to assist with a variety of communications and business needs of Greenleaf and one of our clients, Intelligent Generation.
Tasks and projects may include:
- Assist with strategic marketing and communications planning
- Market analysis
- Assist with client and market engagements
- Assist with newsletters and other communications
- Contribute to social media updates and news articles for the website
- Research and write informational pieces on environmental topics
- Research foundations and other funding opportunities that align with our mission and track them in our foundation database
- Possess research, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum requirement of progress towards bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Background in environmental or natural science, communications, marketing
- Be passionate about advancing a healthy and sustainable world
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with social media a plus
Internships are located at our office in downtown Chicago and are unpaid. Start dates are flexible. Access to personal computer a plus. Full-time and part-time opportunities are available as well as long-term potential. To apply, please send a resume and a one-page cover letter indicating your areas of interest, experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.